Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Next Up: Sharks vs. Coyotes


Thursday, Apr. 9 @ 7:30, TV: CSN-BA (HD (I don't care, I'll be there!))

After minimal internal debate, I figured that I could get away with skipping any weak ass recap of the Avs game and just post this:



That pretty much sums it all up. I'm amazed that I was able to wake up this morning after enduring that snoozefest. Fortunately, these individual skills competitions have no place in deciding real sports' playoffs. (Yes, that was absolutely a dig at soccer!)

So...

The magic number for the Sharks sits at 2 for the best record in the League and the $350K (Canadian) which the team will receive (and likely donate to a "reading is fundamental" program). [It appears that it is impossible to locate the Jeff Friesen G.O.A.L.S. commercial online. Rats!]

Just one point will win the Western Conference for San Jose.

The Coyotes are better than the Avalanche, but not by much. Cap'n Repro will apparently be back, as will everybody's favorite Newfie. These are good things. Add in the fact that we're gonna get free shit for Fan Appreciation Night, and it should be good times all around! (Seriously, it's gonna be hard to top those fleece blankets from last season. If they hand out fucking towels I will wipe my ass with mine.)

I am so ready to wrap it up and get going with the playoffs. I actually just considered blowing up the Staples Center so that the out-of-the-playoffs Kings would forfeit our last game and we could just wait for our WCQF matchup to be decided...

Go Sharks!

p.s. I used the old Coyotes logo because... it really sucks.

2 comments:

  1. That actually used to be there logo? WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary, isn't it?

    Never use Illustrator while under the influence of peyote!!!

    ReplyDelete