Monday, March 9, 2009

Don't Panic

Good, brief thread going on here: Sharks Hockey Analysis

I think every freakin' Sharks fan on the face of the planet is confronting the current situation with a mix of bewilderment/reality check.

Let's all settle down.

We know that the Sharks did not lose their skills overnight. They are still bad ass. Several key players are out/getting healthy for the playoffs. I also have a hunch that McLellan is holding back some crazy secret moves that the Sharks will unlock come playoff time. We're talking dangerous!

Look. Either they fold under adversity now and don't advance past round 1, or they realize that if things follow this particular route during the playoffs, they will be toast. As professional athletes, I think they know the direction to follow is clear. It's hard to self-motivate when a 1st or 2nd seed is all but guaranteed so soon. (At least that's what I've heard.)

If they lose to Minny tomorrow, though, I think I shall break something. That may include my wrists when I go bare knuckles on the heavy bag again...

GO SHARKS!

3 comments:

  1. I've been kinda preachin' the same thing. Especially in regards to the dangerous secret moves. There are flashes of absolutely mind blowing brilliance on occasion lately, yet it disappears just as fast as we get a glimpse of it; as if they letting something out of the bag too early and suddenly realize that they are only supposed to be working on such insanity at practice right now.

    I would honestly be very worried if the Sharks never ended up hitting a rough patch this season. I am glad they've tasted the bitterness, now they need to learn how to win despite the 'adversities'.

    ReplyDelete